Drink driving and drug driving charges are considered very serious by the Courts.
And a conviction can be life changing.
Other than having a criminal conviction recorded against you, the Courts can impose hefty fines and licence disqualification, which can affect lifestyle and employment. If it is a higher range offence and is a second or subsequent offence, a term of imprisonment is possible, depending on the circumstances surrounding the offence.
Defending a drink driving or a drug driving charge can mean that the impact on your life, livelihood and loved ones is as minimal as possible. To best defend your matter in Court, you should entrust your case to an experienced drink driving lawyer. Even when entering a plea of guilty, a defence lawyer can present your circumstances and get you the best possible result.
If you wish defend your charges, there are many ways an experienced lawyer can represent you and present a defence to the Court.
So, what can we do?
Having a lawyer represent you in Court on a drink driving charge can change the outcome of your matter. For one, we understand the Court process and can help alleviate some of the stress you may be feeling in anticipation of your appearance.
Secondly, our experienced lawyers know how to present the evidence and a defence to get you the best possible result.
Choosing a lawyer to defend you is one step. Choosing a lawyer who can get the best result for you is another. When considering a lawyer to represent you for a drink driving or drug driving charge, choose a specialist who can offer you the best service and outcome:
- A lawyer who knows what the court can take into account to reduce disqualification periods.
- A lawyer who can make really useful submissions directed to the topics and issues and is well-versed in presenting what the Court wants and needs to hear.
- A good drink driving lawyer will know what a Magistrate does not want or need to hear and will not say things that are likely to anger the Magistrate and make things worse.
- A lawyer who all the law about sentencing law and can make submissions to your advantage.
- A skilled drink driving lawyer will know how to convey who you really are to a Magistrate who will be dealing with a lot of matters on that day.
- An experienced lawyer will have all the required documents including character references that they need to give to the Magistrate .
- Your best chance is a lawyer who knows all the applicable defences to drink driving and can advise you as to your likely prospects of success.
- Your drink driving lawyer should stand up for you to a Magistrate.
We offer our clients a fixed price for drink driving charges. A fixed price or lump sum is exactly as it sounds and means you do not get an invoice for each call or conference, you will know exactly what the cost will be.
Ethics and Honesty
Doogue O’Brien George is a firm with a very good reputation before the Courts. We will represent you with a high level of honesty, respect and understanding.
All your legal needs will be met by our lawyers. We take instructions from you and we appear in Court for you. We are Barristers and Solicitors.
Telephone calls are promptly returned and clients are fully informed of all developments in their case.
Knowledge and experience with Magistrates
Nothing is as important as experience.
We have handled over 10,000 criminal and drink driving cases. We keep our files in a comprehensive database with all our results and the Magistrate in the case. We use this database to assess Magistrates and how best to approach the case.
The Magistrates’ know that strive to get the best result for our client, but that we understand the rules and do not waste their time with useless submissions.
They know that as your drink driving lawyer, we will focus in on the important factors about you and how you have come to be before the Court.